Saturday, May 5, 2012
Posted by Neen at 3:12 PM
1 large green apple
1 cup whiskey
½ cup of sweet and sour mix (homemade recipe follows)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup lemon juice
Bloody Mary Popsicle
- 1 ½ lbs tomatoes (about six 2 ½ inch diameter in size)
- 1 celery stalk
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup vodka
- Preheat oven to highest setting, about 500.
- Place a lightly greased, foil-lined baking tray in the oven.
- With a sharp knife, score the skin of the pork loin in a criss-cross pattern. Turn it around so that the flesh side is facing upwards and cut a slit along the side of the loin, without cutting all the way through, to open it out like a butterfly. Cover the flesh with the lemon zest, sage and parsley leaves, then scatter over the garlic. Season generously with salt and pepper and drizzle over with a little olive oil.
- Roll up the loin and secure tightly with kitchen string in 3-4cm intervals. Rub the scored skin with a large pinch of salt, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with another pinch of salt. Carefully place the pork on the hot baking tray and roast for 15-20 minutes until the skin is golden and starting to crispen.
- Turn down the oven to 350 and roast for approximately 25 minutes per pound until the pork is cooked through and tender. Rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1 (1-pound) package sliced bacon
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
Cut each bacon slice into thirds.
Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick.
Stir together brown sugar and chili powder.
Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture.
Coat a rack and broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Place chicken wrap on rack in broiler pan.
Bake 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Friday, May 4, 2012
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle Italian dressing
Put these 2 items in crockpot & cook on low 6-8 hours
Remove chicken and cut into pieces
Melt in a pan:
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
1-8oz pkg. cream cheese
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried thyme
salt & pepper to taste
After melting these in a pan, drain the crockpot of 1/3 of the dressing liquid.
Add the melted ingredients and chicken back to the crock pot.
Cook on low for 1 hour.
Serve over angel hair pasta.
3 lb chuck roast
1-1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp worchesire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Place roast in crockpot. Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl and pour over roast. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Remove beef, shred and return to pot. Stir to coat. Serve on rolls.