Makes 36 pieces.
- 1 (7.5-ounce) package hard peppermint candies, unwrapped
- 1 pound white chocolate, chopped (do not use chips)
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; line with waxed paper. Place candies in a doubled resealable plastic bag; seal, and wrap in a kitchen towel. Using a rolling pin or skillet, crush candies into tiny pieces. Sift to separate crushed candy from fine powder, reserving fine powder for another use; set crushed candy aside.
- Place white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water. Heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in rice cereal.
- Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet; using a spatula, spread evenly to a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy; with a piece of waxed paper covering entire surface, press in gently. Chill until firm, 20 to 30 minutes (no longer, as candy will begin to soften).
- Peel waxed paper off. Break bark into 2-inch pieces. Store at room temperature in an airtight container up to 1 week.