Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pineapple Chicken

6 whole chicken breast halves without skin -- skinned and split
1 dash pepper
paprika to taste
20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice -- 1 can tidbits
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic -- minced

Arrange chicken in bottom of crockpot.

Sprinkle with pepper and paprika.

In a small bowl, combine drained pineapple tidbits, mustard and soy sauce.

Pour over chicken.

Add minced garlic.

Cover and cook on LOW 7-9 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.

4 comments:

Minnesota Hotdish said...

Sounds like a keeper! What I like about using the crock pot in the summer time, is it doesn't heat up the kitchen like the oven does.

Neen said...

That is why I love mine too. Plus I can be outside playing with the kids and not have worry about something burning.

Minnesota Hotdish said...

I plan on making this someday soon. I have a bunch of recipes that I want to try. I forgot to pick up the pineapple tidbits when I was at the store too. Don't you hate it when that happens???

Minnesota Hotdish said...

Wonderful recipe Neen.
I used bone in, skin on chicken breasts because they were what was cheapest at the market. While the rice was cooking, I removed the breasts and let them rest for awhile, then I took the skin and bones off and used my fingers to break the the chicken down into bite size peaces and mixed it back in with the pineapple sauce.
Very good. Kent loved it. :)